Thank you for requesting Sweet Cakes to participate in the planning of your wedding. You must make many decisions about the flowers, photographer, wedding and reception locations, caterers and your very special dress. All of this planning helps to build a special memory for the start of your new life.
Sweet Cakes can custom design your wedding cake. Your only limits are your imagination. Please feel free to let us know if you have something particular in mind.
Custom Designs: Ingredient cost is nominal, but time is a major factor in creating your masterpiece. Some cakes can be baked and decorated in a day or two, while others require weeks of preparation time. The more time involved in creating your special cake, the more costly it will be.
Servings: A wedding cake serving for a 4″ high cake is a 1″x 2″ piece. A serving for a 2″ high cake is a 2″x 2″ piece. At the reception, you will need two people to serve the cake(s).
First Anniversary: For cake orders of 100 servings or more, the 6” top tier of your wedding cake is complimentary for you to enjoy on your first anniversary. (This 6” cake is not counted when determining number of servings.)
Flowers and Greenery: A nice finishing touch to your cake is fresh greenery around the base. This is an inexpensive way that helps set the cake table apart from the rest of the decorated tables. Your florist will be able to help you choose the appropriate foliage. If you are using fresh flowers on your cake, the florist is responsible for the flowers and making sure that the flowers and foliage are safe to place on an edible cake. Some flowers and foliage are not safe to use. It is your responsibility to select wisely, with the assistance of your florist. If you want us to place the florist’s arranged fresh flowers on your cake, you must tell the florist and Sweet Cakes in advance. There will be an additional fee of $20.00 per tier charged for our service. An alternative is to use silk flowers and/or garlands to add some color to your cake, cake base or table.
Groom’s Cake: Many couples like to have a special cake at the rehearsal dinner or at the wedding to reflect the groom’s interests or personality. If you are interested in having such a cake, please let us know. The price of this cake would also vary, depending on the size and complexity of the design.
Delivery and Setup: There is a $2 per mile (fee subject to change depending on gas prices) delivery charge for all cakes. Cake orders for 100 servings or more – setup fees for tiered cakes are included, setup fees for stacked cakes start at $20. Cakes with less than 100 servings – setup fees start at $20.00 (based on time required).
Retainer Fees: We require a retainer fee to cover all equipment that may be returned damaged, or not returned at all. This retainer fee will not be applied to the cost of your wedding cake.
- The equipment retainer fee will be completely refunded when the wedding is over and all equipment is returned in good condition.
- If the equipment is not returned within one (1) week after the wedding reception, a late fee of $5.00 per day will be charged.
- If the equipment is not returned within two (2) weeks, the retainer fee will not be refunded.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES :
Arrangements: You will need to purchase a cake knife and make arrangements for servers to cut the cake. Two cake servers, per cake table, are standard. Also, you will need to purchase napkins, candles for the Candlelight cake stand (if applicable), and any other items you would like.
Cake Table: Provide a table with a skirt or tablecloth (ironed and ready), for the cake, at least 3 hours prior to the reception, to ensure enough time for us to assemble and finish decorating your special cake. This time could vary depending on the complexity of the cake.
With Florist (if applicable): To choose safe, fresh flowers or greenery for placing on your cake:
- Supply Sweet Cakes with the name and phone number of your florist so we can coordinate the arrangements and delivery of the fresh flowers and/or greenery to be placed on or around your cake(s).
- Pay the florist, not Sweet Cakes, for the flowers and/or greenery on the cake or table.
After the Wedding: All equipment/pieces used in the assembling of your cake (metal, plastic, fabric, Styrofoam, wood, etc.) need to be returned to us within one (1) week.
Key Dates to Remember:
- 50% Deposit : Due at time order is placed. This reserves your wedding date and time on our calendar. Payment can be made by cash, check or credit card.
- Two (2) Months Prior to Wedding: Your order can be changed, except for decorations requiring special order supplies (such as gum paste flowers, pearls, etc.). If these items have already been ordered, the cost will not be refunded.
- One (1) Month Prior to Wedding: NO changes can be made.
- Retainer Fee for Equipment: Due one (1) month before wedding.
- Final Payment: Due one (1) month before wedding.
- Cancellation Fee:
- Up to two (2) weeks prior to the wedding – 50% of the cost of the cake, plus supplies (that have already been ordered), will not be refunded.
- Within 14 days of the wedding – No refund will be made.
Information & prices above effective 1/1/2018 and supersede all prior wedding information. Prices are subject to change, please call for current pricing information.